Mr. Ahern has a highly evaluative mediation process utilizing neutral case evaluation and confidential premediation caucuses to prepare for success at mediation.
During his 39 years of litigation, trial and transactional work, Mr. Ahern has handled a broad spectrum of business, corporate, partnership, commercial, employment, brokerage, licensing, fiduciary, and commercial tort litigation. Mr. Ahern has extensive practice and mediation experience in complex multiparty cases involving corporation, partnership, LLC and other types of business relationship disputes, real estate transaction and development disputes, fiduciary duties, legal malpractice, accounting malpractice, engineering and design professional malpractice, commercial torts, lending disputes, securities, and commercial and residential construction defects.
- Arizona State University College of Law, J.D. 1977
- University of Arizona, B.A., Public Law/Government,
with High Distinction, 1973
- Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi
Mr. Ahern was admitted to practice by the Arizona State Bar in 1977. He is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell and is certified as a specialist in real estate law by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization.
- Inducted into the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals,
- Recognized in 2008, 2009, 2010 as a “Southwest Super Lawyer”
in the field of mediation
- Named one of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, 2011-2015
- Named one of Arizona’s Top Rated Lawyers, 2012 and
2013 (Alternative Dispute Resolution and Arbitration)
Hourly for all preparation, travel, premediation caucuses and mediation time, plus expenses, $400 per hour (in Arizona); $500 per hour (out of state)
Mr. Ahern serves attorneys and clients throughout Arizona and he welcomes engagements in all 15 Arizona counties.